This 1- or 2-day workshop is ideal for sea kayak coaches or leaders wishing to develop strategies to maximise their coaching potential.
Using established principles from British Canoeing level 2 / 3 Coach courses, and with ideas drawn from other sports, our
student-centred sea kayak coaching workshops explores the
- Students – at the centre of the coaching experience
- Observation skills – a vital skill for coaches & students
- Focusing attention – tuning in to changes that make a difference
- Organising practice – session structure for quick fixes &
- Exchanging feedback – on the same page, mutual understanding, 2-way process
- Reviewing skills – goal-setting, sharing, planning, reflecting
This workshop will take place in a simple sea kayak environment –
in sea kayaks on the sea, accessible to all paddlers at BC 3 Star
standard or beyond.
If you’re a sea kayak coach from other national training schemes, or if you want to explore British Canoeing coaching principles without committing to the entire scheme, this student-centred sea kayak coaching workshop is an excellent opportunity to enhance your coaching skills.
Download a more detailed workshop overview here
Sea Kayak Coaching – Student-centred Strategies
This workshop is an excellent choice for club coaches, centre staff, independent paddlers wishing to develop effective strategies.
Workshops will be led by Nick Cunliffe, with support from other
excellent coach educators from the world of paddlesport.
To organise your own sea kayak coaching workshop, contact us to discuss your aims.