This exciting, dynamic training session focuses on developing
essential sea kayaking skills in rocky environments.
Practical and educational, this workshop covers a variety of
important themes, including:
- Recognising the effect of rock features, sea bed, wind, waves, swell – & their interaction with kayaks / swimmers
- Developing safe launching / landing skills, in varied conditions
- Exploring ‘out of boat’ swimming skills
- Developing practical rescue skills – in gullies, channels,
rock gardens, lee shores
- Enhancing teamwork – communication, decision-making
This workshop is an excellent choice for groups, leaders and coaches who work and play in rocky sea kayak environments, and combines extremely well with our ‘Safer Sea Kayaking’ workshop.
The workshop is suitable for any paddlers at BC 3-4 Star standard. There’s no need to be a leader or coach – this training is useful for all paddlers.
For more detailed information, download this detailed program
SURVIVING THE IMPACT ZONE – ESSENTIAL SEA KAYAK SKILLS
A popular session at our Essential sea kayak coaching weekends, come join us for fun, challenge and learning!
Helmets, dry / wet suits, towlines are essential; water confidence
(in kayak & swimming) is also useful.
For more information, contact us to discuss your aims.