Venue: Anglesey North Wales
Duration: 4 days
Coach: Student ratio: 1: 4
£320 (no sea kayak required)
£360 (sea kayak provided)
2022 Course Dates: TBC
This course will develop skills and experience for sea kayakers wishing to lead others in more challenging conditions.
All courses include:
- 1:4 coaching ratio
- sea kayak leader development in advanced sea conditions
- world-class Anglesey sea kayaking venues
- excellent pre- & post-course online coaching resources
This development course will make best of use of forecast conditions and will include:
- Boat handling skills in stronger winds / larger waves, in tide races, rock gardens, surf
- Leadership skill for different groups / situations; group management in advanced water; incident management
- Problem avoidance/solving – safety & rescue training in advanced water – tide races, rock gardens, surf zones
- Trip planning and navigation skills – including more complex trips, tidal vectors & open crossings
- Night navigation/group leadership exercise (conditions permitting)
You must be a confident and capable sea kayaker in sea conditions of Bft. Force 4+ / tidal streams 3kts+, 3ft+ surf and dynamic coastal sea conditions. Contact Us for further advice on your readiness to attend this course.
To reserve a course place, contact Nick at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish us to register your ASKLT attendance with British Canoeing (optional),
a £10 fee is payable – pay during course attendance.
British Canoeing no longer require formal training to attend a sea kayak leader assessment – course attendance is optional. We provide excellent coaching experiences that will develop your sea kayak leadership skills, regardless of any future assessment goals. This is not an ‘assessment preparation’ course, although we will explore the skills and experience needed for successful candidates at this level.