Venue: Anglesey North Wales
Coach: candidate ratio: 1: 3
Course Fee: £200
Duration: 2 days
2021 Course Dates: contact Nick for info
The British Canoeing Advanced Sea Kayak Leader Award will be assessed in advanced sea conditions and environments. Please read the relevant British Canoeing documents for further details.
The assessment will include personal paddling, journeying, leadership, navigation, tidal planning,
equipment awareness, safety / rescue and other relevant knowledge areas.
A variety of venues will be used and will make best use of the sea conditions around the Anglesey coastline.
It is possible that assessments may be cancelled 48 hours prior to the advertised date, if conditions are unlikely to meet the British Canoeing award remit. In such cases, course fees will be refunded and alternative dates offered.
Candidates wishing to attend a British Canoeing Advanced Sea Kayak Leader assessment course
with Kayak Essentials must first register with British Canoeing. We can only confirm bookings for candidates that have completed BC registration.
Further information is available on the British Canoeing website
The following prerequisites for assessment are required:
- 30+ independent sea kayaking days following completion of the Sea Kayak Leader (moderate water) award
– in advanced conditions in 3 different UK sea areas
- BC Sea Kayak Leader (moderate water) award completed (or gain APL exemption from British Canoeing)
- BC Advanced Sea Kayak Leader (5 Star) Training within the last 3 years
- BC Open Water Navigation and Tidal Planning
- 16-hour (2 day) First Aid certificate (inc CPR) within last 3 years
- British Canoeing Online Registration
Upon successful registration with British Canoeing, you will receive a Check-In / Registration confirmation.
To make a booking with Kayak Essentials, you must send us this document.
You should also send us, at the time of booking, written evidence of the appropriate sea kayaking experience required by British Canoeing (see BC documents for further information).