Our award-winning Sea Kayak Essentials instructional films are acclaimed for the high quality of their technical content, clear presentation and professional production.
You can buy Vo.1 or Vol.2 as individual orders, or you can buy Vol. 1&2 as a bundle at a 25% discount.
Scroll down for purchase options.
Vol.1 – Intermediate & Advanced Boat Handling Skills
If you wish to purchase Digital Downloads of our videos, please DO NOT use the above payment methods – please follow the link below to our Digital Download webpage:
Presented / performed by Nick Cunliffe, an active and experienced BCU level 5 sea kayak coach.
These DVD will help you to gain safe and effective kayaking skills in all sea conditions.
- High quality, professional filming / post-production
- Inspiring Anglesey paddling locations
- Expert instruction from one of the UK’s leading sea kayak coaches
- A must-have resource for all sea kayakers
At £10 including free postage within the UK (or £15 for Vol. 1&2 bundle) they’re also excellent value for money!
Ocean Paddler Magazine June 2011
“All paddlers who viewed Sea Kayak Essentials, agreed it was a must have DVD. I have been extremely impressed with not only the quality of the DVD in terms of both content and production, but also impressed with how accessible Nick and Matt have made some quite technical content.”
Sea Kayak Essentials Vol.2 also won
Best Instructional Film
at the 2017 Reel Paddling Film Festival Also selected for the Festival World Tour
DVD Vol.1 content: running time 1hr 50mins
- Solid foundations for intermediate / advanced performance
- Core skills chapters
- 5 essentials: boat speed, angle, trim, body position & stroke linking.
- Forward paddling in flat /dynamic water
- Balancing & turning
- Skeg use
- Boat awareness exercises
- Moving water skills
- Tide race paddling
- Rock gardens /impact zones
- Surfing skills
DVD Vol.2 content: running time 1hr 50mins
- Safe paddling: planning & anticipation; communication; route choice and positioning
- Incident Management: principles for organising rescues; care of self, team and casualty
- Deep Water Rescues: solid foundations; assisted rescues; problem solving
- Towing Skills: equipment options; releasable tows; contact tows; multiple tows
- Self-Rescues: re-entry & roll; scramble; paddle float; rolling skills
- Launching & Landing: safe strategies; options in challenging conditions
- Rocky Shores: safe rock hopping; anchored rescues; lee shore rescues; team rescues
- Rough Water & Tide Races: problem avoidance; rough water rescues; use of towlines
- Group management strategies
- Equipment issues.
Alternatively you can download the notes as an Apple iBook for iPad.
This version includes sample clips from every chapter. Click here for a direct link.