Safety & Rescue Skills
This DVD is a valuable resource for sea kayakers wishing to paddle safely in open water conditions, developing problem avoidance strategies and effective rescue techniques.
SALE: Buy both volumes for only £15
The above link is for the purchase of our Sea Kayak Essentials DVDs – following completed purchase, physical DVD product(s) will be mailed to your given postal address.
If you wish to purchase Digital Downloads of our videos, please DO NOT use the above payment methods – please follow the link below to our Digital Download webpage:
Buy Digital Downloads
Core skills chapters include:
- Safe Paddling: planning & anticipation; communication; route choice and positioning.
- Incident Management: principles for organising rescues; care of self, team and casualty.
- Deep Water Rescues: solid foundations; assisted rescues; problem solving.
- Towing Skills: equipment options; releasable tows; contact tows; multiple tows.
- Self-Rescues: re-entry & roll; scramble; paddle float; rolling skills
Applied skills chapters include:
- Launching & Landing: safe strategies; options in challenging conditions.
- Rocky Shores: safe rock hopping; anchored rescues; lee shore rescues; team rescues.
- Rough Water & Tide Races: problem avoidance; rough water rescues; use of towlines.
There are also chapters dealing with paddling skills, group management concerns and equipment issues.
Essential skills are broken down into core foundations, with exercises and progressions in more challenging conditions.
Sea Kayak Essentials VOL2 is only available in PAL format. For those people that wish to purchase the DVD in non PAL regions (US Canada and Japan) you can get an HD digital download here.
Run time: 1hr 50mins