Venue: Anglesey North Wales
Duration: 4 days
Coach: Student ratio: 1: 4
£320 (no sea kayak required)
£360 (sea kayak provided)
2022 Course Dates:
This course will explore skills and tactics for sea kayakers wishing to lead others in moderate sea conditions.
All courses include:
- sea kayak leadership skills in moderate sea conditions
- excellent pre- & post-course online coaching resources
- world-class Anglesey sea kayaking environment
- 1:4 coaching ratio
This skill development course will make best of use of forecast conditions and will include:
- Boat handling skills – in moderate wind / waves, tidal streams, rock gardens, small surf
- Group management skills in moderate sea conditions – skills for leaders and experienced group members
- Safety & rescue techniques in moderate water – managing priorities, dealing with common problems, kit issues
- Coastal navigation skills – tidal planning, weather factors, venue choice, trip planning
The course will be practical and active – be ready to spend full days outdoors and afloat. We’ll explore skills and tactics in a wide variety of sea kayaking situations – this course is ideal for any sea kayaker wishing to develop independence, safety and leadership skills.
If you wish us to register your SKLT attendance with British Canoeing (optional),
a £10 fee is payable – pay during course attendance.
British Canoeing no longer require formal training to attend a sea kayak leader assessment – course attendance is optional. We provide excellent coaching experiences that will develop your sea kayak leadership skills, regardless of any future assessment goals. This is not an ‘assessment preparation’ course, although we will explore skills and experience for successful candidates at this level.
Click on the button below for online course booking.
Further Information: Essential Info PDF Download