The British Canoeing Sea Kayak Leader Award is assessed in moderate sea conditions.
The assessment includes personal paddling, journeying, leadership, navigation, tidal planning, equipment issues, safety / rescue skills and other knowledge areas. Please read British Canoeing award guidance for further details.
British Canoeing Registration:
To attend an assessment course, first register with British Canoeing – we can only confirm candidates who have completed this step. Further information is available on the British Canoeing website.
The following prerequisites for assessment are required:
- 24+ independent sea kayaking days in moderate-water UK sea conditions
- BC Coastal Navigation & Tidal Planning
- 16-hour (2 day) First Aid certificate (inc CPR) within last 3 years
- Safeguarding Training (BC online course may be suitable)
- British Canoeing Online Registration
Once registered with British Canoeing, candidates can book place on an assessment course – please send us your British Canoeing Registration Certificate at time of booking.
For Kayak Essentials BC Sea Kayak Leader Training, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org